OMNI AMELIA ISLAND PLANTATION
A unique, luxury AAA-Four Diamond resort awaits you on Amelia Island, Florida. With posh amenities for an ideal beach, golf and spa vacation, this “Green Lodging” resort is also in tune with nature — a great combination. (Read related article about eco-tourism, nature tours at Amelia Island Plantation.)
When you arrive at Omni Amelia Island Plantation, you’ll be delighted and amazed at the tree canopy throughout the resort, with lovely ancient oaks draped in Spanish moss. Omni Amelia Island Plantation, a 1,350 acre resort, is the largest resort property on Amelia Island, featuring a 249-room hotel plus the 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom “Villas of Amelia.”
Nestled in the sand dunes on the Atlantic Ocean (on the east side) are beachfront rental villas and the hotel, the Amelia Inn and Beach Club with 2-tier pool deck. AIP’s property crosses island-wide, over to the marsh and the Amelia River (on this barrier island’s west side). At Omni Amelia Island Plantation, golfers have the opportunity to play along the ocean and along the marshland riverfront.
The luxury resort has been designated “Green Lodging” with an emphasis on nature and conservation, and has melded the resort into the natural surroundings. With an extensive Nature Program, the resort is an ideal destination for those seeking lots of outdoor activities. AIP has staff Naturalists to enhance nature education and kid’s program.
This beach and golf resort boasts three championship golf courses, over three miles of shoreline on the Atlantic, plus a 26-room spa and tennis complex. It’s also a very popular destination for corporate retreat business conferences and meetings. For those seeking a coastal destination wedding, Omni Amelia Island Plantation is a lovely venue for an exquisite special occasion. Take a look at this spectacular resort now by watching the video below…
In addition to the beach, spa, golf amenities, and 20+ swimming pools, AIP offers one of the premiere tennis facilities in Florida. With 23 tennis courts, Omni Amelia Island Plantation hosted the pro tournament “Bausch & Lomb Women’s Tennis Championships” for 20 years. Plus, you can bike ride on 7 miles of trails around the resort.
Work up an appetite to enjoy the ambiance of three fine dining restaurants located on the resort property (The Ocean Grill, the Verandah, and PLAE). The world-class spa facilities are located within the Spa & Shops, a quaint shopping village built around a lake where guests can shop, browse an art gallery, get a bite to eat at the gourmet grocer or a sweet treat at the ice cream parlor.
AMELIA ISLAND RITZ-CARLTON HOTEL
The reputation of the Ritz-Carlton name, of course, precedes itself. The location of this Ritz on a barrier island with intriguing history adds to the allure. Renowned worldwide for its upscale quality, the Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton is likely to meet the expectations of its clientele — those looking for the upper echelon of luxury resort.
Located within the sand dunes right on the beach, the Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton offers both an exquisite oceanfront setting and outstanding accommodations and service. Enjoy the unique atmosphere where guests can go to an evening bonfire on the beach, relax in a porch-like swing overlooking the sand dunes, be pampered at world-class spa, or enjoy a sumptuous meal at the Ritz’s restaurant, Salt, one of the finest dining experiences available in Florida. On this island known for its rich history including pirates, those with kids can arrange a special pirate tuck-in. Buccaneers bearing treats (bedtime milk and cookies) and a real macaw will arrive at your room to the delight of the kids.
The Ritz-Carlton’s amenities include:
* 26 acre oceanfront resort on the Atlantic Ocean
* 18-hole PGA championship golf (Hotel guests can play Golf Club of Amelia, Summer Beach.)
The Golf Club of Amelia’s clubhouse located in the Ritz-Carlton’s entrance driveway.
* Four restaurants (one outdoors and seasonal), four cocktail lounges (one outdoors and seasonal)
* The Ritz-Carlton’s expansive spa with private swimming pool for spa guests
* Full service beauty salon
* Fitness center
* Indoor and outdoor heated pools with whirlpool
* On-site tennis facilities
* More than 35,000 square feet of function space plus several oceanside outdoor venues, accommodating groups of 15 – 1,000
* Ritz Kids program, children’s pool, playground
* Space Teen lounge
* Retail gift shops
* Enjoy beach bonfires, horseback riding on the beach (via Kelly Seahorse Ranch), kayaking, fishing (arrangements made by Ritz staff)
Latest posts by Wendy Lawson (see all)
- Time Travel: Journey Back To 1864 At Fort Clinch State Park - September 6, 2013
- Victorian Vibes: Historic Fernandina Beach, Florida - September 6, 2013
- Fernandina’s Main Beach Boardwalk Project Begins After Labor Day - August 29, 2013
- Fernandina Beach: Efforts To Save Historic Post Office - August 19, 2013
- Amelia Island Real Estate: Construction Activity, Investment - August 16, 2013