If you’re the nostalgic type, stroll along the weathered wood boardwalk that has been at Fernandina’s Main Beach park for at least 20 years. Enjoy the existing beachscape as it is during the summer of 2013, since change is coming to Main Beach Park after Labor Day.
About W. B. LawsoneMagazine managing editor, writer, and website photographer with a background in publishing, marketing, and communications. Industry work includes financial services, real estate, and tourism. Feedback or questions? Send eMail to: contact@AmeliaIslandLiving.com
Bike riding has become one of the most popular leisure (and fitness) activities on Amelia Island in northeast Florida enjoyed by visitors and residents alike. Natural areas for biking are on the beach around low tide, Egans Greenway and within Fort Clinch State Park. BUT WAIT! An exciting new trail debuts in May 2013. The “Amelia Island Trail,” a 6 mile biking and pedestrian trail (off-road, paved, 10-feet wide), is ready for action.
The festivities in Fernandina have already begun with the Shrimp Festival Parade held April 27th. See Amelia Island Living’s photo gallery of parade highlights featuring 40 images. The 50th Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival is May 3-5, 2013. A “Shrimp Boat Sunset Concert” is a new feature this year, Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 6 pm.
Did you know Amelia Island is the gateway to the Great Florida Birding Trail? On Earth Day, what better time to share some of Amelia Island’s natural splendor? Throughout the day Painted Buntings and Indigo Buntings frequented a backyard feeder in Fernandina Beach. A beautiful sight, the vivid colors of these buntings will surprise the novice seeing them for the first time.
Fernandina is celebrating half a century of the Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival May 3-5, 2013 on Amelia Island in northeast Florida. It’s “The Year of the Golden Shrimp” as 2013 marks the 50th Anniversary. Note this year the change in schedule of the Shrimp Festival Parade. It’s been moved to take place the week before the Festival on Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 11 am. Pablo Cruise is the headliner band this year playing Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 4:30 pm on the river.
- “Nights of Lights” Holiday Festival. A Bright Idea For Downtown Fernandina? 06/03/2013
- June 2013 Free Plant Clinics & Landscape Matters Class Offered by Nassau County Extension 05/31/2013
- Change Coming To Fernandina’s Boardwalk By The Sea, Main Beach Park 05/14/2013
- Bike, Hike, Run on New 6.2 Mile Amelia Island Trail 05/10/2013
- Fernandina’s 50th SHRIMP FESTIVAL 2013 Parade Highlights: Photo Gallery 04/29/2013
- Nassau County, Florida Extension’s May 2013 Gardening Clinics 04/28/2013
- Amelia Island Treasure Hunters: In Search of The San Miguel. Buried Treasure Worth $2 Billion 04/23/2013
Follow @florida32034 on Twitter