Sprinting to the sea, fun-loving folks in Fernandina Beach took the Polar Plunge, starting the New Year with a splash. They gathered at the Bill Melton Road beach access off South Fletcher Avenue at noon New Year’s Day, an annual tradition on Amelia Island for a decade. People did not just strip down to swim [...]
Collection of 250 photos taken around Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach during the past year. Enjoy the year in pictures, 2010.
Wave flags Dec. 19 to honor soldier, Spc. Kelly Mixon of Fernandina Beach, killed in action, fighting for the United States of America in Operation Enduring Freedom.
Centre Street storefronts, a looking-glass to the past. Anchored by the city’s harbor, vintage buildings dating back to America’s Victorian-era line the sidewalks.
Folks will be making merry, celebrating the holidays at the beach on Amelia Island. ‘Tis the season of coastal cheer from the eastern shoreline to the western riverfront on this barrier island in northeast Florida. On the evening of December 3, 2010, a 2-mile glow of luminaries, placed by the Fernandina Woman’s Club, will light [...]
- “Nights of Lights” Holiday Festival. A Bright Idea For Downtown Fernandina? 06/03/2013
- June 2013 Free Plant Clinics & Landscape Matters Class Offered by Nassau County Extension 05/31/2013
- Change Coming To Fernandina’s Boardwalk By The Sea, Main Beach Park 05/14/2013
- Bike, Hike, Run on New 6.2 Mile Amelia Island Trail 05/10/2013
- Fernandina’s 50th SHRIMP FESTIVAL 2013 Parade Highlights: Photo Gallery 04/29/2013
- Nassau County, Florida Extension’s May 2013 Gardening Clinics 04/28/2013
- Amelia Island Treasure Hunters: In Search of The San Miguel. Buried Treasure Worth $2 Billion 04/23/2013
Follow @florida32034 on Twitter