If you’re the nostalgic type, stroll along the weathered wood boardwalk that has been at Fernandina’s Main Beach park for at least 20 years. Enjoy the existing beachscape as it is during the summer of 2013, since change is coming to Main Beach Park after Labor Day.
It was a duesy of a weekend on Amelia Island. See scenes of the 18th Annual Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance 2013 at the seaside setting of the beautiful Golf Club of Amelia, Summer Beach, adjacent to The Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton. Sensational collector cars were showcased on this tiny barrier island in northeast Florida, bursting at its shores with automotive enthusiasts. This event of global appeal brings investors of rare collector cars, motorheads, automotive experts, top industry journalists, and car lovers in general. The top single sale on Amelia Island over the weekend was a 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Convertible Coupe that sold for $4.51 million.
Efforts to save some of Amelia Island’s ancient oak trees sadly turned out to be too little, too late. Actions were taken to try to stop the cutting of ancient oak trees on Amelia Island’s southend until further review of the situation. One need not be a “tree hugger” to question destroying trees like these on the property of Flash Foods.
How often has a United States VP candidate — or presidential, for that matter — visited Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida? Reportedly never, until this week. Folks gathered Monday, October 29, 2012 at Main Beach Park on the seaside lawn to watch history in the making on this little barrier island at the Florida-Georgia border. Read more about Congressman Paul Ryan’s visit.
Enjoy the change of seasons and upcoming festivals, concerts, and coastal nature. It’s a great time to be outdoors — biking, hiking, and golfing. Events include the oceanfront Blues Festival in September and then the debut of the Amelia Island Wine Festival. Sipping wine outdoors along the riverfront can be added to October’s “to do” list in Fernandina Beach.
- Change Coming To Fernandina’s Boardwalk By The Sea, Main Beach Park 05/14/2013
- Bike, Hike, Run on New 6.2 Mile Amelia Island Trail 05/10/2013
- Fernandina’s 50th SHRIMP FESTIVAL 2013 Parade Highlights: Photo Gallery 04/29/2013
- Nassau County, Florida Extension’s May 2013 Gardening Clinics 04/28/2013
- Amelia Island Treasure Hunters: In Search of The San Miguel. Buried Treasure Worth $2 Billion 04/23/2013
- Amelia Island Affluence: Average Household Income $80,000, Net Worth $700,000 04/23/2013
- Amelia Island’s Colorful Visitors: Indigo and Painted Buntings 04/22/2013
Follow @florida32034 on Twitter